Wednesday, November 4, 2015

Cornbread

I've tried a lot of different cornbread recipes over the years, but this one is my favorite. I've been using this particular recipe for 4 years now - and except on the 1 occasion I forgot to add the sugar, its always great.

My Cornbread



Ingredients
1 cup all purpose flour
1 cup cornmeal
1/4 cup granulated sugar
4 teaspoons baking powder
3/4 teaspoon salt
1 cup milk
2 eggs
1/4 cup butter, allow to become very soft but not entirely melted

Directions
Preheat oven to 425F.

In mixing bowl combine flour, cornmeal, sugar, baking powder and salt. Add the milk, eggs and butter, beat for 1 minute until all is well combined. Pour into a greased 9 inch square baking pan. Bake at 425F for 20-25 minutes, until golden brown and tests done in the center with a toothpick. Cut into 9 squares.

No comments:

Post a Comment