Sunday, November 8, 2015

Roasted Acorn Squash with Parsley & Wild Blueberries

I'm not really a fan of acorn squash, but my mother-in-law gave me one from her friend's farm back at the end of the summer. So I had to hunt for a recipe to make it work for me. The recipe I found used pomegranate arils instead of blueberries. Despite their current popularity, I hate pomegranates. So I switched them out for Wild Blueberries instead. I still don't really care for accorn squash, but my son loved it.

Roasted Acorn Squash with Parsley & Wild Blueberries....or Pomegrantes
Ingredients
Cooking spray
2 medium acorn squash
Kosher salt and ground black pepper
1/2 cup chopped fresh parsley
1/2 cup wild blueberries or pomegranate arils

Directions:
Preheat oven to 425 degrees F. Lightly spray two rimmed baking pans with cooking spray. Cut squash crosswise into 1-inch slices.

Use round cookie cutter or small can or jar to remove seeds from middle of each slice. Place slices on prepared pans. Lightly spray with cooking spray and sprinkle with salt and pepper.

Transfer to oven and roast 30 minutes or until golden brown and tender, turning once halfway through.

Transfer squash slices to serving platter and sprinkle with parsley and wild blueberries or pomegranate arils.

No comments:

Post a Comment