Monday, November 2, 2015

Whole Berry Cranberry Sauce

When I was in kindergarten, as a class project we made homemade cranberry sauce. I always remembered this experience and tried for years to get my mother to do it as well. I finally started making it myself when I was in my twenties. I told my mom about my recipe and she started making her own too.

Whole Berry Cranberry Sauce
Ingredients
1 package (12-16oz) fresh cranberries
1 cup white sugar
1 cup water or orange juice

Directions
Pick thru cranberries and make sure all stems are removed. Then place in a colander and rinse under cold water. Set aside

In medium saucepan over medium heat, dissolve the sugar in either 1 cup of water or 1 cup of orange juice. Once dissolved (about 3 minutes), reduce heat to medium low, and stir in cranberries. Cook until the cranberries start to "pop" - about 10 minutes. Remove from heat, allow to cool 30 minutes, then place in a storage container. Cool completely before covering and refrigerating. You can make this up to 4 days ahead.

No comments:

Post a Comment