Wednesday, November 4, 2015

Pilgram Hat Cookies

This tradition I started my first Thanksgiving. Found the idea in Taste of Home Magazine. I had to change out 1 ingredient because I couldn't find it anywhere, but the results were fabulous anyway. I always have my kids help make these, this year I think I'm going to trust them to do it entirely on their own. They are very easy to make and loads of fun for the kids.

Pilgram Hat Cookies



Ingredients
1 package (11 1/2oz) fudge stripe cookies
1 cup vanilla frosting
7 drops yellow frosting
32 mini peanut butter cups
32 candy corns - cut the orange tops off, thats the only portion you'll need for these

Directions:
In small bowl combine food coloring with frosting, mix to combine. Remove wrapping & paper liners from peanut butter cups.

Holding the bottom of a peanut butter cup, dip top of each cup in frosting. Position over the center hole of the bottom of the cookie (stripes side should face down). Add an orange tip of candy corn for the hat buckle. Repeat for remaining cookies.

Note: The original recipe said to use mini chicklets gum for the buckles - however I cannot find these anywhere anymore. You may also use mini chocolate chips instead of candy corn for the buckle.

For anyone with peanut butter allergies, you can replace the peanut butter cups with Rolo Candies instead

Similar Turkey Cookie Ideas

My Turkey Oreo Cookies
Turkey Pretzels
Rolo Pilgrim Hat Cookies
Turkey Nutter Butter Cookies
Chocolate Covered Oreo Turkeys

No comments:

Post a Comment