Sunday, November 8, 2015

Pumpkin Chip Cookies

For years I've heard family members rave about these Pumpkin Chip Cookies, so one day I hunted down a recipe to give them a try. With a little of my own tweaking I got these super yummy cookies

My Pumpkin Chip Cookies



Ingredients
1/2 cup shortening or margarine softened
1 1/2c granulated sugar (I only used 1cup)
1 egg
1 cup canned or homemade pumpkin(purred)
1 teaspoon vanilla
2 1/2 cups flour
1 teaspoon baking powder
1 teaspoon Baking soda
1 teaspoon nutmeg
1 teaspoon cinnamon
1/2cup chopped walnuts (optional)
1 cup chocolate chips (I use mini chips)

Directions:
Preheat oven to 350F. Grease cookie sheets.

In large bowl cream shortening and sugar. Add egg, pumpkin and vanilla. Continue beating. Combine flour, baking soda, baking powder and spices. Gradually add to the liquid mixture. Stir in the nuts and chips. Drop dough by teaspoonfuls onto cookie sheet. Bake 10-15 minutes (depending on how soft or crunchy u like them).

No comments:

Post a Comment